Sunday, September 11, 2011

How to Reflect..better

My class is working on how we can reflect on our learning. We've often talked why it's a good thing to stop and reflect before after and especially during a process. Now I think it's time for us all to explore 'how' we can do it.

This prezi, by Peter Pappas, shows how we can deppend our reflection by using blooms to really examine what's happening / happened. It's well worth the time to flick through all the thoughts and media that's involved - I love a good prezi!

One breakthrough moment I've had from viewing the prezi is that I could post some reflective questions for students to answer - based on some aspects of blooms. I could, for example, ask three questions. One question on understanding, one on analysing and the final one on evaluating. Scaffolding IS important for every learner, especially when we are learning to do something for the first time.

I've also created a poster on an easy to remember slogan to help students write or narrate a reflection. We'll be brainstorming all the different ways we can reflect on our blogs - writing posts, taking photos or even using voicethread and photobooth to record video or our voice.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm working on lesson plans for better reflections. Thanks for posting this! You've given me something to think about.