Sunday, June 17, 2012

Time Lapse Fun!


During the last school holidays I edited and posted a movie on our class and school blogs. I wanted to showcase the 'business' of our days for the parents of my class - a push back against the 'nothing much' response to that age old question from our parents, 'What did you do at school today?'

The video was posted on the Core Education blog here, a few weeks later.  It was great to see the comments coming in and a few questions asked and the gawker software I used to create the timelapse video is something I'm keen to use again.



The next video is something I made using my iphone and and old light mount on my mountain bike.  The video speaks for itself and was the result of a 'play around' day when the rest of the family was out for the day.


And here is a video that is truly inspiring! The power of timelapse to tell a story, especially one that is told over a long period of time, is fantastic. This is by Christoph Rehage and was created from footage over a year. A bit longer than our school holidays allow...


Have you used a time lapse sequence in a video? Are you inspired to give it a go? Why not join in the fun!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Mark
I did something a bit similar with my iphone. Need to experiment with the settings and will send it home in my weekly email!

Stephanie

Mark Herring said...

Hey Stephanie,

When you have it online let me know. I'd love to link to it from our school site. It would be great to collect a range of similar videos of school days from all over!

Wouldn't that be powerful?

I'm often saying that one of the most important things schools should be doing right now is bringing our communities up with the play on how our teaching has shifted. This is a great start!