Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What IS the change?

I'm often thinking about, listening to and having conversations about change - in SO many different areas of my live, both professionally and personally. Usually this dialogue is about how slow the change is occurring but what I'm realising is that, in a subtle but steady way, the way we teach and learn is absolutely, slowly shifting.

Here are some thoughts about this effective pedagogical change. These are ideas that I've heard, discovered and had light bulb moments about.

3122272266_8a3cdeef28

The change in pedagogy could be that the learners:

- construct the knowledge, not just reproduce

- engaged in dialogue, not listening

- present to others in own voice, not teachers

- work together, not against in competition

- reflect on learning rather than just do what is required.

Is this the revolution? It's a pretty good start and one that keeps me REALLY enthusiastic about being a learner.

0 comments: